Thursday 30 August 2012

Giving back

Today I went to charity shoppe Bangi, it's a shop where you can donate anything (not junks please) and they'll sell it there and everything will go for charity. You can find a lot of shops like this in the UK and probably other countries, but it's the first in Malaysia, and I like it a lot because it kinda reminds me of carboot sale (Carboot sale was my favorite back in England). The honorable lady responsible for this shop is Datin Norelan, super friendly and very down to earth. This charity shop is under Islamic Relief Malaysi, IRM btw. So here's some of the things I bought earlier today.

Clockwise from top right: Asos dress (RM10), Baju kurung (RM10), Sheer blouse (RM10), Instant Hijab (RM5 each)

Really happy with what I bought. The baju kurung is for class, it's made of the kind of fabric that needs no ironing, yeah lazy me. Those instant hijabs are for you know, running errands. takdok masa aku nak belit sana belit sini kalau setakat nak pg post office. INSTANT HIJAB! MENAWAN KELUARGA BAHAGIA. Even if your late for class, instant hijab and A 'no-need-to-iron-no-need-to-wear-inner-baju' is your savior. And that Asos top! It's my sister's. She donated it some months ago, she bought it for RM60, they were selling for RM10, it's pretty and it's been there for so long so I bought it lulz lulz lulz. I can always donate it back right har har har. Kak Norelan really just laughed because I bought my sisters' top. Read my sister's post on stuff she gave Here. She really donated some awesome stuff, F21 heels pon ada mmkay. 

My sister, Maryam told us to always allocate a certain amount of money for you donare consistently every month, say like RM50/month and you we feel/see the barakah of doing so. Especially one you've start working. Zakat is another thing, giving some to your parents is another thing. If you do these things even if you feel like you won't have enough money afterwards, InsyaAllah with the barakah from Allah, your money will be more than enough. If you have a big salary, and you don't do these stuff or anything like it, your money probably will never be enough, ever wonder why? Probably because 'kurang berkat'. So let's all try to improve InsyaAllah.

I'm gonna donate some of my stuff soon after I get everything sorted out, I asked Datin Norelan whether would it help if I categorize the stuff I want to give, you know like label them 'Old jeans', 'Brand new tops' etc etc. And she said yes that would really be helpful for them, she also told us that some people really just gave them junks, it's really frustrating you know, it's not a dumping site, it's a charity place for heavens sake. Some stuff wear even mixed with used old panties and other underwear. That's really yucky.
If you're interested on donating stuff, you can go straight to their shop at: 

Charity Shoppe
Islamic Relief Center
A-05-G, Paragon Point,
Jalan Medan PB5, Seksyen 9,
Pusat bandar,
43650, Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor.
Waktu beroperasi:
Selasa - Sabtu: 11:00am - 7:00pm
Ahad - Isnin & Cuti Umum: TUTUP


That's my younger brother there. Please do not fall in love with him ladies. lulz. sorry mamat, Iloveyou.

Oh. And I know I'm suppose to make raya post, but I think I'll procrastinate just a little mora. wakaka.

2 comments: